History of Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church

            On the third Sunday morning in October, 1931 after Sunday School was held at Damascus Baptist Church, Rev. G.W. Ferrell, Deacon Ola Williams Sr., Deacon Philip Richardson, Deacon Freeman Irvine Sr., and Deacon George Stoney along with some of the members which included Mrs. Lilla Williams, Mrs. Lubertha Hill, and the Hill family, Mrs. Christine Richardson McKinney and other members who had moved away or have gone to the great beyond, marched across town  to the Second Baptist Church owned by Mrs. Allie Wyche, and Rev. Ferrell. The deacons made arrangements with Mrs. Wyche to rent the church until we could build. Thus, the present church began.

            In less than one month, the lot behind the present building was purchased and a new church was erected. It was given the name Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church. The first service was held in our new church the Third Sunday in June, 1932. For many years the church remained on its original site until our present building was erected and dedicated in 1959, under the leadership of, Reverend James C. Miller.

 

                        Ministers who have served as Pastors of the church since it was organized are as follows:

 

                                 Rev. G.W. Ferrell….....1932 - 1935

                                 Rev. E.T. Tinsley……..1936 - 1937 (passed during pastoring)

                                 Rev. T. J. Smith……….1937 - 1938

                                 Rev. T.F. Gunn………..1938 - 1945

                                 Rev. E.T. Raines….…...1946 - 1950

                                 Rev. L. Bell…………….1950 - 1954

                                 Rev. J.C. Miller………..1955 - 1996

                                 Rev. Bobby Hart………1996 - 2000

                                 Rev. D.T. Boatman…....2001 – 2006 (sabbatical)

                                 Rev. Marcus Hawkins, Sr....2006 – 2009 (May)

                                 Rev. D. T. Boatman…….2009 (June-July)

                                 Rev. Marcus Hawkins, Sr…..2009 (Aug) – Present